Classic Kale Chips Recipe
Published: Wed, 17 Feb 2016
Skip all the salt and extra ingredients of store-bought kale chips and make your own!
Ingredients (Adjust amounts and proportions to taste):
Kale: ½ lb
(curly kale holds spices best)
Tomatoes: 3 medium Plum or Cherry types
Lemon Juice: 6 Tsp
Tahini, ½ tsp
bowl(s) for mixing and serving
- De-stem and roughly chop the kale.
- Blend tomato, lemon juice, and tahini until smooth
- Tossed chopped kale and blended mix together until kale coated with blended mix.
- Place coated kale on dehydrator sheet(s).
- Dehydrate for 4-6 hours at 125 degrees Farenheit*, or until to desired dryness.
Serves: approx. five 16-ounce servings
*Opinion varies as to what maximum temperature is considered raw when dehydrating. Adjust the temperature and length of time according to your opinion and time schedule. Lowering the temperature to 115 could add an additional 1-3 hours.
See more information and fun facts about Kale here!