Heirloom Tomato Flats
Published: Sat, 02 Apr 2016
A variety of sliced yellow, green, purple and red heirloom tomatoes, served on a bed of delicate spring mix leaves and crips romaine lettuce ribbons, garnished with a pluche of fresh basil.
Ingredients (Adjust amounts and proportions to taste):
Served at 2015 FoodnSport Washington Retreats.
Tomatoes: Heirloom: Yellow, Green, Purple, Red
Spring Mix: Baby Salad Greens
Basil: pluche for garnish (optional)
platter and/or plates for serving
- wash and destem the tomatoes
- make medium to thin slices
- wash and dry spring mix salad greens
- add a layer of spring mix to a plate or platter
- carefully stack the tomato slices on top, alternating between the different colors
- (optional) top it off with a pluche of fresh basil for garnish
This recipe at the 2015 FoodnSport Washington Retreats