by Kevin Cosmo
Published: Tue, 04 Aug 2015
Three-Course Meal Tip: Enjoy this hearty salad for your evening meal, after some Hearty Tomato Soup, perhaps preceded by some orange juice.
Ingredients (Adjust amounts and proportions to taste):
1 medium Romaine Lettuce
2 large Tomato
1 medium Avocado
½ cup Freeze Dried Corn
½ cup Lime Juice
½ cup Fresh Corn or Freeze dried corn
1 Tbsp Celery Powder
1 tsp Cumin
3 small Carrot
⅛ medium Cabbage
cutting board (optional)
small pie plate, deep dessert dish, or shallow bowl for serving
- Finely chop the romaine lettuce.
- In a separate bowl: pour the lime juice over 1/2 cup of the dried or fresh corn and mix thoroughly.
- Place S-Blade into food processor.
- Transfer the lime juice corn mixture into the food processor and add cabbage, carrot, celery powder and cumin. Process this with the S-blade. The texture should be about the size of grits. This will be the taco "meat" of the salad.
- Smash avocado into a cream and mix with diced tomato.
- To assemble the salad layer the taco "meat" over the lettuce topped by the corn salsa and finish with the guacamole on the very top.